Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Race Weekend, 2008



My people and I got out early on Friday to clear the trail from the recent high wind and rain. Good thing as the trail was totally blocked in some areas. We also put up those yellow plates to help my running buddies know where the heck they are. Then, I finally got to meet a nice group of ultra trail runners. You are all awesome! Dog, I am one pooped pup after just one time around. After you guys started on your adventure, I went home to a soft warm bed. Then, the next day, my people brought me back out to see a larger group of awesome runners - I felt I was in the presence of greatness - trail running wise. I loved meeting you, great to have the ears scratched and I even got to get in a few pictures with some of my friends. Wish I could have run with you for an hour or two but Daddy says you guys ran all day and all night. That's weird, did you finally catch anything?
Finally, we got to walk the trail again on Monday, stopping at every yellow marker and hauling out that quarter of a mile of ribbon. The weather was great!
The main photo this week is the muddy cat walk - typical of cats, I think. Cats are okay but I'd rather run with the big dogs. The other photo is of 150 mile winner, David. My good buddy Mountain Man Jerry took this pic so I just had to include it in my blog.

1 comment:

ErieTom said...

I wish I would have gotten my photo taken with you TC !! Thanks for a wonderful weekend! Wish the weather would have cooperated a little bit better.