Monday, December 29, 2008

Wild Weather



Hard to make a call on trail conditions when I'm using all my toenails trying to keep traction on the ice covered snow one day and clipping along over the soft grass the next. My people broke out those new "Kahtoola" microspikes to handle the glacier and cascading ice falls that dominated the trails on Christmas Eve and Christmas Morning. This is the first time my people could keep up with me as those Kahtoola's make walking and running in those conditions so easy. We usually only walk the flat meadows when it is icy but my kahtoola clad people hit every slope and hill in the park - laughing at the slippery slopes. Every dogs people need them - unless they are treadmill dwellers!

The weekend after Christmas, the snow and ice was pretty much gone as the temps hit the lower to mid 60's. Kind of muddy but that's McNaughton! At least the old mud pit was pretty solid with the new drainage control.

The photos show me at swollen Lick creek's first crossing and the third creek crossing at near flood stage.

No comments: